Thursday, May 7, 2009

I finally broke down...

So, I have been thinking about starting a blog for a long time, but never followed through with it. However, I was inspired by my friend Pat (who has a very interesting cooking blog found here: http://rincondelcolon.blogspot.com/ - yeah, some day I'll learn how HTML works and figure out how to post links the right way, but that day isn't here yet) and decided to go for it.

The purpose of this blog is really to just give myself a creative outlet to talk about things I like - what movies I am watching, what music I am listening to, etc. - although I also may occasionally write about whatever is on my mind. I'd really like it if someone read this and was inspired to watch, listen to or read something that is outside their normal tastes (which I think everyone owes it to themselves to do once in a while), but I guess the blog is really just something to do (I realize I am like the 1,000,000,000th person to start their own blog, so I don't expect a whole lot of people to read it). I am going to do my best to try and post everyday or at least every other day.

As for the name of my blog... My friends and I always used to say that, every time we went to see a band, there was usually 1 guy there who was older than most of the people in the crowd. He's the guy that is still listening to the kind of music that most people his age have never even heard of, and he doesn't care. We used to call him "the old guy at the show" (yeah, I know - real original). However, I have gotten to the point in my life that, when I look around the crowd at shows, I can't always spot that guy. It looks like I am now that guy. You know what, I am fine with it...

P.S. - It appears I have a thing for parentheses. I may have to work on that.

1 comment:

  1. You fell victim to the blog bug too? However, I refuse to sellout like the masses and start Twittering...

    ReplyDelete